Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Dorm Life

Well I'm on the cusp of leaving. I have only a couple days left at Auto Air, 10 days after that I leave to Hawaii and on August 9, I arrive in San Francisco. I was certain that the only thing I'd have to worry about was packing up...not so.

Yesterday I received a call from the housing office. They tell me that an error was made when I was told I could move into Napa Hall on the 9th. I am told the earliest I can get in is on Aug 11. Moreover, Napa Hall is basically full of 18 & 19 year olds (aka you are old) and there are other properties I can choose from.

Hostelling International - City Center http://sfhostels.com/locations/city_center.php

Vantaggio Suites - Turk Street http://www.vantaggiosuites.com/sf/sf_turk.html

At Hostelling Int'l, they have a community kitchen, with food lockers reseved for CCA students as well as a CCA only refrigerator. Napa Hall has no such community kitchen. It is also two blocks to over and one block up from the CCA campus.

Amenities include:
Internet and WiFi
Laundry facilities on-site or nearby
Self-catering kitchen
Lounge and TV room
24-hour access
No curfew or chores
Luggage storage
Individual lockers
Free/low-cost tours
Free linen


Vantaggio Suites - Turk Street was the second recommendation from Praveen, my admissions officer. Napa was her first recommendation. It is two blocks down and 1/2 a block from Jefferson Square and Margaret S Hayward Playground. The neighborhood is supposed to be good.

Service includes weekly housekeeping and complimentary breakfast. Now with free DSL line in every room!

Other Vantaggio properties are available (click on home) but they are further away from the school.

Both properties are on a month to month basis so if I am unhappy, I can always change.

FYI, meals are served on Campus as long as you are in uniform and carry your badge-thing.

I haven't changed my airlines tickets. I already know that getting into Napa Hall is a no go. I had thought about not committing to any property until I am able to look at each one personally. This would mean I would be getting a room for a couple of days at Hostelling Int't while I had a looksee.

Any advice?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?